Working at St Peters Garden Centre.
Here at the garden centre we have a great team of people that work extremely hard to achieve the highest standards. Our staff are our greatest asset which has helped us win awards, and celebrate 30 years of trading.
St Peters Garden Centre is a family owned business and is a great place to work, we have some of the most dedicated staff who will help you to settle in, it will feel like you are part of the family from the moment you arrive.
We are currently looking for 5 Till Operators.
The successful candidates will be highly motivated, approachable and have excellent people skills with a positive “can do” attitude plus a keen eye for detail.
These are very hands on roles and as such you will need to be proactive, highly motivated, organised and have good communication skills. You will be working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment. Previous retail experience preferred; however full training will be provided where necessary.
- Till operation
- Taking Cash and Card Payments
- Assisting customers with their purchases
- Quality customer service.
- General housekeeping and maintaining a tidy till area.
Requirements Of the Role:
- Good communication skills and able to work as part of a team
- Work well under pressure
- Professionalism and reliability
- Good time management
- Excellent customer service skills
- Competitive rate of pay
- Staff Discount
- Training & Coaching
- On-site parking
To apply for this role please email your C.V along with a covering letter to.
Closing date for applications; Friday 6th August 2021.
Job Type: Part-time, Permanent. Hours include weekends and some evenings.
Full Time Restaurant Assistant
Average of 40.45 hours per week on a fortnightly rota (includes alternate weekends)
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic hospitality professional or individual to join our front of house team as a Restaurant Assistant in our Award-Winning Table Service Restaurant.
Restaurant Assistants are the core of the team helping to deliver exemplary levels of customer service to all our customers that visit the restaurant and the business. They will be supporting and working alongside the Restaurant Supervisors and Restaurant Manager in achieving departmental goals within the organisation’s vision and strategic plan.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Be competent in working across all sections within table service style restaurant including Bar, Barista, Till Operator, and Table Waitering.
• Ensure great levels of hospitality and customer service delivered in a professional manner
• Support co-workers in delivering a fantastic customer experience and service in the restaurant.
• Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally, and concisely.
• Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
• Ensure compliance with latest FSA legislation that will be delivered during your training.
• No split shifts or evening work.
• Set day of rest in the week.
• Free staff car parking.
• Employee discount across the business.
• Uniform provided.
• Food Safety Hygiene level 2, Food Allergy level 2 and Health & Safety level 2 certification provided in house.
• SCA Foundation Professional Barista certification provided in house.
• Available support and funding for career progression within the business with nationally recognised apprenticeships and courses.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Proven experience of working within the hospitality industry.
• Extensive customer service experience of a high standard.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Great teamworking skills.
• Flexibility to adapt to the needs of the business.
• Culinary, Barista, Customer service or Hospitality Qualifications is advantageous to the role (although full training will be provided).
If you believe you have the necessary skills and are interested in the role, please click on the following link to apply and forward your CV https://hr.breathehr.com/v/restaurant-assistant-17930